* You are eighteen years of age or older and can legally buy, sell or trade firearms and ammunition in Montana.
* You understand that Montana Gun Trader DOES NOT become involved in transactions between parties and does not certify, investigate, or in any way guarantee the legal capacity or safety of any party to transact. Read Common Sense Considerations for Safe, Legal Private Firearms Transactions Here…
* You are responsible for obeying all applicable enforcement mechanisms, including, but not limited to federal, state, municipal, and tribal statutes, rules, regulations, ordinances, and judicial decisions, any applicable Presidential Executive Orders, including compliance with all applicable licensing requirements.
* You will not use Montana Gun Trader for any illegal purpose.
* If you are at all unsure about firearm sales or transfers, you will contact the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosive at 1-800-ATF-GUNS and visit the ATF website at http://www.atf.gov.
* You will help to ensure the overall openness and accessibility of the site to all users through a peer-review process. I understand that failure to adhere to proper internet protocol and etiquette may result in removal of my listings or more severe corrective action.
* Montana Gun Trader may edit or remove information, including my listings, from the site without notice.
* If you violate these terms, Montana Gun Trader may permanently remove you from the site or, depending on the nature and severity of the violation, avail itself of such remedies as are prescribed by law. Whilst Montana Gun Trader ABSOLUTELY BELIEVES AND CHAMPIONS “the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,” Montana Gun Trader will comply with federal, state, municipal, and tribal law enforcement entities pursuant to the Constitution of the United States and Due Process of Law.
* You take responsibility for your actions whilst using Montana Gun Trader. You also take responsibility for any and all of your actions related to, or resulting from, your use of Montana Gun Trader. Further, you are solely responsible for any and all consequences of such actions.
* You indemnify and hold harmless Montana Gun Trader and all of its owners, directors, officers, employees, and agents for any and all loss, harm, damage, costs, liability, and expense caused to them, whether intentionally or unintentionally, by your use of Montana Gun Trader, including but not limited to direct or indirect results of violations of any and all applicable laws.
* Montana Gun Trader may make changes to these terms at any time without notifying you. As a user, you are solely responsible for reading the most current version of the terms and conditions.
Montana Gun Common Sense
All members of this Montana website are 100% accountable for their activity in and beyond Montana Gun Trader whether buying, selling and trading firearms or not.
Common courtesy at this website is expected. Clean, tactical humor with friends is okay. Legality of transactions is completely up to you and your fellow buyers, sellers & traders.
This group is for adults, please act accordingly. Keep rude, obscene, hateful and violent comments to yourself.
Report illegal activity to the Montana ATF offices: https://www.atf.gov/denver-field-division/montana-field-offices
Contact Montana sheriffs departments to report or check serial numbers before purchasing guns: http://www.usacops.com/mt/shrflist.html
Perform Montana convicted felon searches prior to transactions at: https://app.mt.gov/conweb/
If you’d prefer performing the safest possible transaction, perform transactions through FFL holders https://www.atf.gov/firearms/listing-federal-firearms-licensees-ffls-2016.
TWO STRIKE RULE APPLIES TO ALL THINGS BELOW:
A two strike rule applies. The first time, we delete the post. The second time we delete you. Dickering and bickering should be done between individuals, not on the public board. If you don’t like a price, don’t buy it and keep your comments to yourself.
From the original Big Sky Gun Trader Facebook Group and find newest additions for this site at bottom.
Note: In any case that you are struck out and would like to discuss it, use the contact form in the footer.
12/9/14: Any posts, comments or replies that might be deemed hateful, hostile or violent will be removed.
3/3/15: No more bidding. Users must post a price with their items.
4/13/15: Admins of this group will not become involved before or after member transactions. If you find there is an issue with an item after you purchase it, attacking that member at this group will not be tolerated. Refer to the two strike rule. It might be wise to check out items thoroughly before you purchase.
5/6/15: Please keep post bumps to a max of 24 hrs. If you commit to a sale and don’t follow through, you risk being removed from the group, cross posted or not.
7/3/15: We cannot verify age of new members and people can lie. Approval of membership in this group does not insure legal ability to own guns. It is your responsibility to ensure your buyer is old enough.
12/30/2015: When a deal is made and you don’t follow through and the buyer or seller can provide evidence, you risk being blocked.
11/26/2016: Members who Hi-Jack or Pirate someone elses post risks being blocked. If you don’t like a price someone else is asking, either negotiate, don’t buy it and keep your comments to yourself.
12/28/2020: Members who report posts because they think the price is too high on an item risk being blocked.
3/13/21: We have over 140 different locations to choose from when posting. If you select “Montana” as your posting location and do not give us any idea approximately of a range of areas you frequent or can meet at for a sale or trade, you will be removed for wasting our time asking after two strikes.
3/14/21: Ghosting: – When you plan a meet to transact and do not follow through with a minimum of contacting them to advise them you cannot make it, you will be removed on the second strike UNLESS of an emergency that prevented it.
4/1/21: Posting an ad to complain about other people’s ads. We have a Community Stream to throw a fit if you want to do that. Don’t post a classified ad to bitch about someone else’s ads or prices or you will be warned once and removed permanently the second time.